The Wedū Segment
- Presented by
- CONGRATULATIONS ERIK LEVINSOHN & JILL PATTERSON
- The WEDŪ Segment KOM & QOM Winners!
- This fierce competition with arguably the largest prize purse in North America is closed. The official winners of the $54,000 prize purse plus an incredible collection of merch are listed below.
- LOCATION: PILOT MTN CLIMB in Brevard, NC.
- DATES: June 26th - July 17th, 2021
- More details below.
Updated July 27, 2021
AGE GROUP WINNERS
Men's Age Group Winners
35-39 Spencer Whittier 16:06
40-44 Ben Meer 15:27
45-49 Tracy Saine 17:15
50-54 Brad Cobb 19:23
55-59 Randy Warren 20:54
60-64 Chris Dietrich 20:18
65-69 Mark Ruscoe 20:43
70+ Don Miller 25:29
Women's Age Group Winners
35-39 Elizabeth McCalley 20:41
40-44 Karen Ostergaard 22:13
45-49 Abby Walker 23:42
50-54 Debbie Milne 22:18
55-59 Jana Wood 27:44
60-64 Beth Hoffmesiter 25:05
70+. Ronna Resnick
TOP 3 FOR MEN'S & WOMEN'S OPEN:
1ST - $10k 2ND - $5k 3RD - $3k
- TOP 3 IN MEN'S Ū23 & WOMEN'S Ū23:
1ST - $5k 2ND - $3k 3RD - $1k
- WINNERS MERCH:
- Top 3 winners of Open and Ū23 and 1st place of each age category will win a Custom WEDŪ / Outside+ Winners Kit, Hammerhead Karoo 2, ROKA Shades, Amp PR Lotion Limitless Kit, Normatec 2.0 Leg Package and Hypervolt Go by HYPERICE.
- Age group categories include: 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Make sure you mark your STRAVA name with your category so you get tracked; SEE RULES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS.
More updates coming weekly, sign up below to stay in the loop and watch who wins the KOM/QOM.
(Be sure to click the "Register" check box. We will be emailing out waivers to all participants individually.)
Lance and George Ride the Segment
- PILOT MTN CLIMB
- Brevard, NC
- Distance: 2.48mi
- Avg Grade: 9.4%
- Lowest Elevation: 2,864ft
- Highest Elevation: 4,091ft
- Elevation: 1,228 ft
- Climb Category:
- How to get there: PILOT MTN CLIMB is located just outside of Brevard, NC. The closest airport is the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL).
- Register below before any attempts will be considered
- Must be completed during the Tour de France 2021 (6/26 - 7/17)
- Must be STRAVA Premium Subscriber
- Must be a WEDŪ STRAVA Club member
- Must place WEDŪ category in strava name, ex. Lance Armstrong WEDŪ 40
- Must wear a heart monitor and use power meter connected to your STRAVA account to win cash prizes
- Must post a selfie at the top (rock) with your STRAVA post #wedusegment
- No Pros / Ex pros (No current or former pro licensure in any cycling sport - road, mountain, triathlon, cycle-cross, etc.)
- No electric bikes
Must be 18 years or older
Rules & Legal:
Segment Eligibility Period: attempts will be accepted via STRAVA Premium subscriber starting on June 26th, 2021 and ending July 17th, 2021.
Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by fastest time of the segment in specific categories under the supervision and at discretion of WEDŪ. Winner will be notified by email address within five (5) days following selection of Winner after Segment eligibility period expires and all attempts are reviewed. WEDŪ shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
Terms & Conditions: WEDŪ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Segment should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or any other cause beyond WEDŪ's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Segment.
Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless WEDŪ and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Segment and/or his/her/their acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Join us for the ultimate prep pre segment challenge. More info coming soon:
- May 26 - Lance & George scope out the course
- May 30 - THEMOVE does an in depth breakdown of the segment and strategy to win.
- JUNE 14 - LA & George's segment training video launches
- Sign up for The WEDŪ Segment Newsletter for updates, training tips and more.
- JULY 25 - Winners announced on the last day of the tour on THEMOVE.