The perfect way to refuel after SŪFFER Sunday
Charlotte's Spiced Up Waffles
If you haven't met Charlotte yet, you are missing out! She is a one of our badass SŪFFER Sunday leaders, professional cyclists, coach and sports nutritionist. So when she told us about this recipe, we knew our community needed to gleam from her brilliance.
Spiced Up Waffle Ingredients:
• ½ cup of Kodiak gluten free flapjack and waffle mix
• 2 tbsp of peanut butter powder
• 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
• 1 tbsp gluten free instant oats (I like the sprouted version)
• A good few dashes of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
• A scoop of your favorite kind of protein powder (optional: I like to add protein after long rides to aid in recovery)
• 8-10 oz of unsweetened almond milk or your choice of milk
• Optional: Coffee!!!
• Your choice of fruit to top
1) In a mixing bowl add all dry ingredients together with a whisk.
2) Add the almond milk and whisk together until it’s at a consistency that’s not too think but not too thin. Good enough to pour… kind of like a pudding consistency. *Optional but awesome: sometimes for a pick me up I actually add coffee! It adds a good robust flavor as well.
3) Add to a waffle iron near you for 6-7min
4) Top with your choice of fruit
5) Then hop into your unicorn suit and…